Watch This Badass Grandma Deadlift Like a Pro

You go, grandma! Watch 78-year-old Shirley Webb deadlift 225 pounds three times like it's no big deal. (Now we want to know how much she squats!) The craziest thing is Webb just started lifting weights two years ago after some prodding from her granddaughter. She told The Today Show: "At the time, I couldn't walk up the stairs unless I held on to the handrail, and if I got on the floor, I couldn't get up without a chair. Now I can come right up off the floor. The harder I work out, the better I feel."

The hard work has paid off. Webb now holds the Illinois state record for deadlifting in her age group. And next time someone asks us who we want to be when we grow up, we have our answer.



from Greatist RSS http://ift.tt/1RtYzpa

No comments:

Post a Comment