This Model Gets Real About Retouching While Undressing on Camera

Model Iskra Lawrence, one of the faces of Aerie's unretouched lingerie campaigns, radiates confidence. But she says it hasn't always been that way. In this awesome video from StyleLikeU, Lawrence slowly strips down, showing the body she's now proud of while admitting that the modeling industry didn't make it easy for her to love herself. If you don’t have time for the 12-minute video, here are the highlights:

  • 0:20: “When you’re happy and at one with yourself and have come to peace with who you are, that radiates. To me that’s beauty. That’s what people are attracted to.”
  • 2:30: “I tried the maple syrup Beyoncé diet, I tried protein only… I would be counting my calories and make sure that I was working out and burning more calories then I was eating so I was always in a calorie deficit.”
  • 5:20: “I was so confused with my body and its shape and its curves that I didn't really know what to do with them. So I was trying to prove that I was confident in my body but actually I was hating it.”
  • 9:28: “The cellulite’s been retouched, your waist’s been slimmed in, all these things have been done to you. In your head you then think, ‘That’s a flaw, that’s bad. Wow, I now have to attain to this perfect me.’”
  • 10:16: “[With the Aerie campaign,] I’m not having to diet. I’m happy. And they’re not telling me I have flaws. They’re telling me I’m good enough to be in my underwear, to be in my bikini, with all these things that for years I thought made me not good enough.”
  • 11:55: “I have a wonderful relationship now with my boyfriend, and I think it’s because I feel beautiful. And I feel like I deserve to be loved because I’ve learned to love myself.”


from Greatist RSS http://ift.tt/2abY5RU

No comments:

Post a Comment